ZW3D Version Comparison
Product Information (click on an item for details)
|ZW3D 2015 FEATURES||ZW3D Lite||ZW3D Standard||ZW3D Professional||ZW3D Premium||ZW3D 2X Machining||ZW3D 3X Machining|
|Translators for IGES, STEP, DWG/DXF, |
VDA, STL, JT, etc.
ZW3D has super fast geometry translators for importing nearly any type of file, including STL and image files (jpg, bmp, tif). Poor geometry will not stop ZW3D because of our support open shape modeling.
Import and Export 3D geometry fast and eliminate model repair time.
- ՠIGES: ZW3D supports the latest IGES standards and works seamlessly with non-solids.
- ՠSTEP: Import AP 203 and 214 and export AP 203. STEP assembly/layer support.
- ՠParasolid: ZW3D supports the latest parasolid libraries and properly exports ZW3D Assemblies to parasolid assemblies or bodies.
- ՠSTL: STL files can be imported, modified and exported. Use the advanced design and CAM tools to surfaced or machined STL.
- ՠSupported version of the ACIS import is up to R25.
- ՠCATIA V5 supported version has been changed from R6~R23 (V5~6R2013) to R8~R24 (V5~6R2014).
- ՠNew ԉmport Geom set as layerԠoption for CATIA V5 import.
- ՠSupported version of the Inventor import is up to 2015.
- ՠImages: Import and emboss images on model faces with ZW3D Designer or greater.
- ՠForce heal: Forces a best match from open edges to achieve a solid when possible.
- ՠDirectly export Z3 files as Catia V4/5 format.
Fast 2D to 3D model conversion or Maintain old 2D DWG files with ZW3D
- ՠImport and Export of 2D DWG
- ՠUses the latest DWG direct™ library from open DWG Alliance.
- ՠHandles Unicode (double byte characters) which is primarily found in Asian DWG translations.
- ՠAccurate layer, colour, hatching and ACAD Font support.
- ՠUsers can specify the units of measure to import a DWG file.
- ՠDirectly Copy and Paste Entities from ZWCAD to ZW3D.
Convert images to 3D Models
- ՠImport 2D Images (jpg, tif, bmp) into sketches.
- ՠAccurate raster to vector conversion with a minimum entities.
- ՠConvert curves to lines and arcs with complete continuity control.
- ՠ2D gap checking.
|Directly open, edit and save 3D models from Catia, Inventor, NX, Pro/E, Solidworks, ACIS and Solidedge||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced|
|SmoothFlow Direct Edit & Quick Edit|
ZW3D features a next generation 3D SmoothFlow design paradigm. SmoothFlow will make ZW3D the fastest, most effective 3D CAD system available anywhere. It combines the speed and flexibility of direct modeling with the precise control of dimension-driven designs, without losing the features and functionality of history-based modeling. You can modify features quickly and effectively on native or imported geometry without history regeneration.
|Multiple Layout, Multiple File and Multiple Window||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced|
ZW3D allows designer to create different 2D sheet in one layout. The non-activated sheet is dimmed.
Multiple file tab greatly enhances the operational flexibility. Designer can easily transfer between files.
Creating a new file or adding a new object into the current file becomes more convenient.
|Sketching and QuickShapes||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced|
Hybrid modeling makes it possible for engineers to take advantage of the speed of solids with the flexibility of Class A surfaces. When you can handle solids and surfaces seamlessly in the same environment, your ideas come to life.
Sketching is easy in ZW3D especially with tools such as Quick Draw and Ready-sketch. These automation tools allow users to create fully-constrained sketches with a single command. ZW3D users have the power to work with fully-constrained, partially-constrained or unconstrained geometry. Freedom by design.
- ՠԒeady Sketch TextԠwill not be converted to regular curves after its creation and can be redefined, like changing its characters, font or size.
- ՠEasier Curve Creation, Edit and Quality Inquiry.
- ՠA handle is provided on the pick point where a click happens on a CV curve, to help to drag to change the tangency, tangency magnitude and radius, or position.
- ՠԐower TrimԠcommand offers a very easy and intuitive way to trim or delete entities.
- ՠTo multiply an entity, ԃopyԠis a way to do. Now there is another new way - ԐatternԮ
- Learn more >>
|Hybrid 3D Shape & Feature Modeling|
Hybrid 3D Shape Modeling
- ՠAdvanced solids with built-in primitive shapes
- ՠSuperb shape simplification for direct editing of any geometry
- ՠImport and export of all industry standard formats
- ՠFeature commands for holes, threads, lips and rib networks
- ՠIntegrated Model healing
- ՠ3D engraving on solids and surfaces
- ՠUnlimited undo/redo capability
- ՠVariable-offset shelling and draft
- ՠPart comparison utilities
ZW3D supports true parametric (dimension driven) feature-based modeling, in addition to a range of direct editing commands not found in traditional feature-based modelers. For instance, parts can be moved into machine or mold position without effort, quickly offset any face with a right-mouse click, change draft angles and add fillets, remove holes, or completely reshape the part with morphing. These edits can be made to open or closed shape, points, wireframe, STL or solid/surface models.
ZW3D also provides tools for removing features on native or imported geometry using the simplify or erase and fill gaps commands. Mold and Die designers can split imported geometry without having to spend hours healing parts. ZW3D also has support for reducing the time to regenerate History with the History Backup and Encapsulate commands. The recent introduction of subparts expands on this idea. ZW3D gives the user quick and simple tools to let them work with native and imported geometry.
|Show-n-Tell™ Built-in Tutorials|
Show-n-Tell™ Built-in Learning
Learn ZW3D at your own pace on your own schedule. Get up and running fast with Show-n-Tell 3D tutorials, that work like a 3D book. The Show-n-Tell™ Tutorials system is built into all of the ZW3D products, providing on screen step-by-step lessons on a wide range of topics. Show-n-tell is also has a complete set of authoring tools and is used for design review assembly instructions.
Download Tutorials from the Learning Center
|2D Detailing,Sections, |
Details/Bom & hole Tables
2D Layout & Detailing
Whether laying out 3D models or using traditional drawing techniques, ZW3D makes it simple to create production drawings and details. Creating views of 3D models and assemblies is easy especially since all views update automatically to reflect model or assembly changes.
- ՠAutomatic layout with projection, sectioning and detailing
- ՠHidden line, wire frame, shaded and fast hidden line views
- ՠAdvanced sections of trimmed parts or trimmed surface
- ՠQuickDraw geometry with One-touch trimming & dimensioning
- ՠAnnotate views, sections and details with True Type Fonts
- ՠAssembly exploded, detail, configuration and history state views
- ՠGD&T Editing and creation
- ՠBill of Material, Hole & Electrode tables with auto-ballooning
- ՠTitle Header fill-in with attributes, variables or images (logo display)
- ՠOne-touch model recall
ZW3D burst technology offers efficient handling of 10,000 part assemblies or larger. By special handling of display data, ZW3D minimizes memory usage which allows users to efficiently manipulate and manage assemblies from design prototyping through manufacturing.
- ՠStrong support for assembly-centric design
- ՠTop-down or bottom-up assembly design
- ՠIn-place assembly shape modeling
- ՠEditable Bill of Material with Excel link
- ՠOn demand data retrieval
- ՠAssembly patterns
- ՠInterference checking
- ՠExploded views (automatic & interactive)
- ՠPart lookup with predefined search paths
- ՠConstraint-based component positioning
- ՠAssembly history regeneration offer more and better edit behaviour.
ZW3D healing with new healing function can analyze and quickly repair abnormal conditions found in the geometry of imported files (e.g., vertex points, edge curves, UV curves, and face boundaries). These abnormalities include gaps that are impossible to machine. ZW3D can resolve thousands of such problems in minutes. Even though ZW3D can go straight to work on poor geometry, great healing tools are still essential to anyone that works with imported data.
- ՠMore topology errors to detect
- Open edge ֠new option on form
- Tiny edge
- Spur edge - new option on form
- Unclosed/degenerated edge
- Edge with three or more faces
- Sliver face - new option on form
- Duplicate faces ew option on form
- Loop intersection
- Wrong loop hierarchies
- ՠMore error types to heal
- Open edge ֠new support
- Unclosed/degenerated edge ֠new support
- Tiny /Spur edge
- Pre-edge of loop is tiny
- Sliver/Duplicate faces
- Pre-edge of loop is out of surface parameter bound ֠new support
- Gap between vertex and edge
- Gap between edge and pre-edge
- Gap between edge and pre-edge end points
- Gap in loop
|Expert Assembly & Motion|
Expert Assembly & Motion
With animation tools, designers can demonstrate the designӳ basic operation as they would with a real life product. This can be saved as a *.AVI video.
- ՠEasy to define the alternate parts and configurations.
- ՠCompare two parts and show the differences between them.
- ՠUse vivid animation to demonstrate the product to anyone, including assembly or disassembly process, product movement.
|Freeform Class-A surfacing & Shape Morphing and Wrapping||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced|
- ՠClass-A surface modeling, such as: Blend face, UV curve mesh
- ՠSurface matching, merging, smoothing and control point editing
- ՠN-Sided & FEM blends with continuity control and gap detection
- ՠSmart surfacing - rails, splines, drive curves
- ՠAdvanced lofting & variational sweeps
- ՠEmboss a high precision surface from a raster image
- ՠSupport solid, surface and STL data to do flexible morphing and wrapping
Flex tools are useful for deformation design. With intuitive tools, designer can quickly modify complex models for many different applications including concept design, product design, industrial design, and so on. Features include Cylindrical bend, Toroidal bend, Twist, Taper and Stretch. Solid shape and surface both are supported.
|Design Optimizer,Compare,Real-View & Checking||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced|
Real-view & Checking
Users can continuously work on a model while displaying either a zebra stripe or draft analysis thus providing instantaneous, real-time feedback without interruptions or slow-downs.
ZW3D hybrid modeling lets users model instantaneously with solid, surface or wire-frame geometry in real-time checking mode which significantly reduces interruptions to their session or system degradation. For example, an industrial designer can simply turn on zebra striping to check curvature while modeling a product and then instantly switch over to draft checking to see if there are any draft problems.
ZW3D has an assembly level display tool that lets users toggle the display mode of any component. So, if a user wants to see inside a gear box or through a mold plate, instead of hiding parts, all he has to do is right-click a part and render it as transparent or wireframe. ZW3D gives the user even more control by allowing multiple instances of the same part to be displayed differently. The use of these display tools results in time saved designing and communicating ideas.
Dynamic Slicing in ZW3D goes beyond the norm as simply a "cool visualization tool." One of the key features of dynamic slicing is the real-time interference check. Users can see all interferences as the slice plane is moved across the assembly. This functionality gives instant interference feedback and virtually eliminates the need to process a separate interference check. Users can continue to model while in a sliced display mode and can save sliced views to be recalled later.
Hours of design time can be saved with ZW3D's Design Optimizer. Design Optimizer is an equation solver that is useful for driving specified design parameters to solve an engineering problem. For example, an engineer can control which parameters of a design can be changed to optimize a model to a lowest mass condition or drive a design to a specific volume. Design parameters can be held within a range and can also manually tweaked to get instant feedback.
|Links to FEA, PDM, CMM and Macro recorder||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced|
Links to FEA, PDM, CMM
- ՠFEA(SimWise):ZW3D links directly with SimWise exporting an optimized data set for analysis. ZW3D supports the STL requirements of other third Party analysis products.
- ՠPDM: Workgroups need an easy to use solution for document control. ZW3D provides tools for file check-in/out, read-write permissions, version and revision control and attribute searching. ZW3D also supports a wide range of third party PDM systems.
- ՠCMM: Point files can be imported directly into ZW3D from any coordinate measuring machine or 3D scanner. ZW3D also has direct links to Romer and Microscribe arms for live point creation.
- ՠDirectly link With Keyshot without a Keyshot license, users can create more attractive rendering. Download Keyshot
|Sheet Metal Design||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced|
- ՠFull and partial flange creation with automatic bend radius and relief
- ՠEasy lofted flange creation with two open profiles
- ՠSimplified tab and cut creation
- ՠCorner closing with relief
- ՠEasy S-Bend creation
- ՠFlexible, easy to create louvers and dimples
- ՠFolding and unfolding of entire part or selected bends
- ՠFlexibly fold a face along a line
- ՠEasy modification of bend angle or radius
- ՠFeatures can be added in folded or unfolded state
- ՠTagging of bends for working with non-native parts
- ՠNew Excel-driven Support for K-Factor
|Reverse Engineering - Point Cloud||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced|
- ՠCreate surfaces and STL models from millions of points
- ՠUse point thinning to reduce data while maintaining shape integrity
- ՠPoint cloud surface fit analysis tools
- ՠPoint file display and edit tools
- ՠLarge STL data handling
- ՠImport extremely large STL files
- ՠBoundary edge tracing
- ՠCreate a closed multi-tangent-surface model from a 360o scan
- ՠDirect interface to Microscribe or Romer Cimcore CMM machines
- ՠDirectly get cross section curve from STL model
- ՠNew function to deal with STL models with more powerful capability
|Core Cavity QuickSplit,Parting Lines & Surfaces||Enhanced||Enhanced|
ZW3D can automate core cavity creation. ZW3D includes utilities to automate create core and cavity region, parting lines and faces in mold design, which provide the flexibility for mold designers.
|Basic Mold Base Library|
Basic Mold Base Library
Insert complete mold bases from DME, FUTABA, HASCO, LKM, MEUSBURGER and OXA_RABOURDIN , with all of the purchased components and proper BOM information.
Many kinds of standard parts are available, including screw, guide pillar, ejector pin, locating ring and so on.
|Cooling Channels,Slides,Inserts & Electrodes|
Many efficient assistant tools are provided to create the cooling channels, slider, insert and electrodes.
Electrode tables can be automatically created, including electrode origin information.
- Frame structure usually works as the skeleton of a product housing or the some under structure. It consists of section bars with proper end treatments, and sometimes uses weld bead to connect each other. Now, all these applications are provided by the new Weldment module.
- ՠFlexible to Create Structure Member, End Cup, Weld Bead, Gusset.
- ՠSupport user to customize their own profile.
ZW3D 2X turning includes outer diamater and inner diameter roughing, finishing, threading, grooving operations, as well as hole making operation.
The 2-axis milling tactic provides a rich set of tool paths for rough stock removal and surface finishing. It also provides the means for the operator to make holes or cut access holes with drills or mill tools. The 2.5-axis tool paths include profiling and pocketing by collapsing step-over (inward or outward), parallel linear cuts, or continuous spiralling.
ZW3D automatically recognizes hole features and selects the proper tooling, spot drill, tap, c'bore or c'sink. ZW3D gives the users total control over parent tools. You can drill, bore, ream or tap points, circles, cylinders, half cylinders(common with imported parts) and native or imported holes.
Automatic generation of correct and efficient 3D CNC machining plans requires the identification and association of features such as holes, slots and pockets, with a distinctive manufacturing process.
Using ZW3Dӳ combination of tools, automation and shop-floor machining logic, ZW3D breaks down part topology into solid features and then analyzes the capabilities of library tools to produce an effective, efficient machining plan and generate a realistic machining work flow.
|3-Axis Surface Milling|
3-Axis Surface Milling
3-axis milling provides several families of tool paths based on different algorithms for positioning the tool. Each has its place in either roughing or finishing parts.
|QuickMill™ High Speed Milling||Enhanced||Enhanced|
QuickMill™ High Speed Milling
Handle your toughest jobs: The ZW3D QuickMill suite offers dramatic speed and tool path improvements for tool and die machining applications-yet has exceptional ease of use to minimize training and support. A full range of material handling and cutting techniques are supported to allow extremely complex milling in 3D. Even difficult steep and shallow mold situations are easily performed in ZW3D QuickMill with advanced limiting, which eliminates milling problems in molds with steep walls or where a part needs to be progressively milled with a variety of tools and holders.
Reduce Programming Effort: Intelligent Machining Automation is made possible by the way QuickMill™ takes a unique whole part approach to machining. Users establish their own rules for machining a part, which ZW3D can use as a knowledge base for intelligently machining for a vast array of other parts. This greatly reduces the time required for programming new parts. In essence, ZW3D captures and uses the knowledge and logic of an experienced machinist for automatically generating machining.
|Smoothflow Adaptive Feedrate Control|
SmoothFlow™ technology mills cavities and pockets safely and efficiently by maintaining constant material removal during roughing thus extending tool life and reducing machine wear and tear. AFC (Adaptive Feedrate Control) automatically adjust federates based on tool loading to ensure a constant chip load. Higher feed rates are possible without the risk of tool breakage by reducing the radial pressure on the tool spindle, essential for optimizing HSM machines.
SmoothFlow™ motion is softly contoured with corners and tight areas safely milled without full width cuts which prevents tool and spindle overload. All of these factors are critical for unattended machining to achieve extended tool life and reduced milling time. ZW3D SmoothFlow™ gives programmers the confidence to boost productivity with ideal feed-rates and cutting technology.
|Minimum Tool Length Evaluation|
Minimum Tool Length Evaluation
ZW3D can automatically detect the minimum tool length to eliminate the human errors and increase the work efficiency. The accurate calculation of the minimum tool hang length ensures the safety of your machining.
|Tool Path Editor|
Tool Path Editor
New tool-path editor tools enable users to easily and intuitively edit the entire or partial tool-path for higher machining efficiency.
- ՠUpdate the edited elements without re-calculating the whole tool-path, greatly saving programming time.
- ՠEasily trim the partial tool-paths with window pick, chain select and polygon select.
- ՠFreely change the sequence and direction of the tool-path with the reorder functions.
- ՠQuickly change lead in and lead out types of partial tool-paths in terms of manufacturing request with the re-link tools.
|CAM folder and Icons||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced|
Some icons of CAM Manager are modified, which make the operations status more clear. Auto-rename is full-supported in all folders including Component Folder, Feature Folder,Frame Folder, Operation Folder, NC Folder.
|Auto Assign Speed Feed Table|
ZW3D provides the ability to associate speed and feed tables with materials, tools and even operation types. The user will be able to set a mode causing ZW3D to automatically assign the speeds and feeds which are the best match for the userӳ settings when the tool is assigned to each operation.
|ZW3D Post Processor|
ZW3D Post provides advanced post-processing capability for converting cutter location data (APT-CL) into machine specific code (G and M code) required by CNC machines. ZW3D Post is integrated into all ZW3D machining bundles.
ZW3D Post Features:
- ՠSupports all classes of 2 and 3 axis milling machines
- ՠAccess to all internal postprocessor variables
- ՠUser-definable postprocessor syntax
- ՠCL file conversion
- ՠAutomatic conversion of point to point data to CNC format
- ՠState-of-the-art technology using Windows GUI
- ՠAn easy to use macro language
- ՠ2X and 5X drilling cycles
- ՠCanned cycles support
- ՠConversational output style support
- ՠ5 Axis indexing
- ՠSupport for head attachments for 5 face milling
|CNC Output Manager||Enhanced||Enhanced||Enhanced|
CNC Output Manager
- ՠEasy to manage operations such as edit, sort, inquire, suppress and change sequence etc.
- ՠAutomatically view how they are machining and check if there are some problems by tool-paths simulation.
- ՠDefines settings to output NC code for specific machining purpose.
- ՠSupport to view CL data and GM code output graphically and quickly.
- ՠNew output list of operation with new layout of new template is provided.
- ՠNew Output in CL File to support various code like cycle.
Accurate Error Detection & Reporting
Solid Verify detects errors such as:
- ՠIncorrect or misread blueprints
- ՠInaccurate programming
- ՠIncorrect tool path motions
- ՠRapid motion contact
- ՠCollisions with fixtures and clamps
- ՠTool shank and holder collisions
- ՠAdding Stock Automatically in Solid Verify
The Verification module enables you to view and analyze the geometry of the cut part. You can zoom, reverse, and rotate the model.
Solid Verify can be accelerated to quickly verify lengthy machining operations or to advance through operations that you don't need to simulate.
|ZW3D 2015 FEATURES||ZW3D Lite||ZW3D Standard||ZW3D Professional||ZW3D Premium||ZW3D 2X Machining||ZW3D 3X Machining|
Sam Waterson - CEO - Volume Injection Products
“ZW3D allows us to cost effectively manage product development. From initial part design through to CAM machining. The on site training by Access has been a great help in getting up to speed on the new software.”
Richard Prince - Tool Room Manager
“Extremely easy to learn and get going quickly on the modelling side. The workflow is simple and once the penny drops, you can design anything with ease.”
Donovan Barnes - Owner Habitat Industries
“From a design perspective, mould design is simplified and takes about 50% faster. As mentioned, the support is extremely top class. Any software glitches or other issues, get sorted out almost instantly”
Steve Farentinos - Engineering Manager - ACE Clearwater
“Unlike most systems, ZW3D was built from the ground up to be completely integrated, so it can handle the entire process or just small parts. It’s flexible. In an operation like ours, the integrated functions save a lot of time and improve our efficiency. We also didn’t have to purchase a lot of add-on products, which is the case with most CAD/CAM software.”